Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today is the day!

Well......today is the day that I go in for my surgery! YIKES!!! I do have to tell you that I'm a little nervous. I think I'm more nervous for the post surgery, the after I get home part! I just hate not feeling good and the not knowing part. That's the really scary part for me. I have heard so many stories on the Internet and all of them are so different. I would like to walk out of there feeling like I walked in. I know...not going to happen like that, but I can dream can't I?

Before going to sleep last night I did think about my Mom and wish that she was here, or that I could at least talk to her before going in. She just always made me feel better, isn't that what Moms do? That's what she did for me. I don't know how many times I called her just so I could hear her say that it was okay and everything was going to be fine. That is how she was...she always took the positive side on everything. I always needed that. So, today when I need it, she isn't here to give it to me, to tell me that everything is going to be fine. But maybe she is with me today. I will be a positive thinker and think that she is here with me and helping me through this.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I'm sure she was there today, and yesterday and the day before and the day before...you get what I mean? She's always there Lori, I am sure of it. She needed you as much as you needed her. She needed to know you guys were ok, and even though you were far away, you guys were always on her mind. I can say that first hand, knowing how much she talked about you guys. Know that no matter what, you were always thought of by Mom. And I am positive you still are...