Thursday, April 1, 2010

Surgery Update~

It's done!!!! I'm so glad that the surgery is over. Now I don't have to stress about it any longer.

I'm still pretty sore...but not as bad as I thought I would be, but I'm taking my pain pills every four hours! So, that might be helping some. My throat is a little sore also from them putting the tube down it! It was kinda funny that I don't even remember falling asleep, which I think is a good thing. I was in the operating room one minute and the next minute I hear them talking and I'm in the recovery unit. I had a lot of pain on my right side and the nurse did pump in some pain meds at that time and it seemed to help out a little, but I really just wanted to go home and relax.

The doctor came in and said that I did have multiple stones. I didn't have those when they did the Hida Scan on me. I don't know if they just came on, or if they just didn't see them when they did that test. So, I guess it was a good thing that I got it removed. I was second guessing this whole thing a few days ago. I did get sick one time while in the recovery room, hopefully that will be it! It hurts to cough and I don't want to get sick.

Tim and the kids have been really good at helping out. It is hard to have them taking care of me, I'm just not used to laying around and watching TV.

I'll keep you all posted on how I'm feeling if you are interested!

2 comments:

christine said...

Lori,

I am glad everything went well and that Tim and the kids are taking good care of you. Though, were you supposed to be moving around going down the stairs????

Of course we all want to hear how your doing. Shoot me an email if you get a chance.

Fight the urge to do too much!

Love,

Christine

Missy said...

Lori,

Of course we want updates! We would love them constantly!

I'm so glad that you're feeling better than you thought you would already! Christine is right though - fight the urge to do ANYTHING! Atleast this weekend anyway.I've been checking the blog all day to see if there was an update yet.

Love, Missy