Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lilacs~

My Lilacs are starting to bloom and all I can think about when I look at them is my Mom. She always loved them and always looked forward to them blooming. When we were first looking at this house and I saw the lilac tree in the yard I was so excited. I couldn't wait for the first bloom of my lilac tree. I would tell my Mom all about them and how excited I was for it to bloom. It was just another thing in common that we had...our love for Lilacs. I wish that I could tell her today that they are getting ready to bloom, that I can just get a hint of their fragrance.

Sorry about the shortness of the post today.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Lori,

It was a short post, but a sweet one! I will think of you and your mom every time I see or smell a lilac.

I hope your recovery is going well!

Lyndsey said...

Lori,
Mom's favorite Lilac tree is blooming right now too. I smell them and think of you and Mom. You both LOVED them! I have my little tinkerbell lilac tree, and it's blooming a little bit too. I got it from Mom. I can't wait to pick lilacs and bring them to the cemetary....sad I know, but it's my excitement! I'll take a picture of it when I do, and send it to you...

Unknown said...

Lyndsey,

That makes me so happy that you can bring some Lilac's up to Mom! I know that she would love that. That makes me so happy that her tree is blooming. I'm also so glad that you have your little one to remind you of her. It's just crazy that all the little things in life that she gave to us mean the world to us! I can't wait to see a picture!