Monday, March 22, 2010

Coconut Cream Pie!

I know your thinking that sure is a funny title! But maybe when you hear my story you will understand why I picked it.

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate Ty's birthday. Tim was out of town and ended up getting home really late Saturday because of some plane issues....so anyways, Ty picked a place down the road from our house called BIG BOYS. It's kind of like a Denny's , the kids can get what they like and they have really good desserts.

We are all done eating and Tim tells the kids they can all pick out a dessert...I usually don't get a dessert because Ty usually gets the coconut cream pie and I will have a few bites of his, but last night he picked a hot fudge cake. So, I got the coconut cream pie to go. I then tell the kids that it was Grandmas favorite. Ty says, "I didn't know that Grandma liked that". It's funny how little things can bring on memories. I remember getting my Mom a pie for her birthday one year, because I knew that she really liked them.

Tim and I start to talk about her and then the tears come out and I'm just a little shocked that talking about pie can make me cry. I mean it wasn't an all out cry...I was trying to hold it in a little since we were out and I didn't want to upset the kids.

As for the pie........it still sits in the fridge.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lori,
I am sure that everything you come across reminds you of your mom. That just shows how close you were and what an impact she made on your life.
You need to sit down and enjoy that pie and have a bite for your mom! :)