Monday, March 8, 2010

Fast Forward!

Okay.......so I think I would like to push the fast forward button! How far do I want to go? I'm not so sure. I just know that I want to feel like my old self again. But then I think.... will that really help? UGH!!!! As you can tell I kind of had a bad weekend! My Mom was on my mind a lot, I'm not sure why this weekend was worse then any other weekend. I would see her picture and I would just get all teary eyed. Then I would remember little bits and pieces of when she was sick and then it was all over! Just not a good weekend!

I'm just needing her to tell me that everything is going to be all right. Even though I know it is...I just need to hear it from her. I know that she would be here for me when I'm going to have the surgery, not that I need anyone here, she would just want to be here. She would want to make sure that everything was taken care of. It's just hard not having your Mom. All you Moms know what it's like. You want to be there for your kids and that is how she was. She might not have said it all the time, but I know that's how she felt.

Maybe what I really want is a rewind button?????

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

That sucks Lori...I know how you feel. I for some reason had the same type of day yesterday. I can't get my mind off of her either. I try and can't. I know she would want us to, but I don't know how. I'm sure you are especially feeling it, because of the surgery. Everyone knows Mom would be there, regardless if you wanted her to come or not...she would be there. I wish I could come. I wish I had some great advice for you, but I am feeling a little lost right now too.... Hope we can get through this year... but there's no fast forward button. Bummer...I don't know how we'll do it without that magic button.