Friday, March 5, 2010

Surgery :(

Okay looks like I'll be going under the knife! YIKES!! I'm not so sure that I like that!

Talked to the doctor yesterday and he said that yes I do have gallbladder disease. I don't have any stones in it, which is good, but they do need to take it out before it gets any worse. It won't get better is what he pretty much told us. He said it's a pretty easy surgery and it should be pretty simple as long as everything goes well. I guess they always have to say that. But he says it looks pretty good from my tests and what he could feel in my belly. Nothing else going on in there!

I go in on March 31st. That is actually a good time. We got to pick the date! I thought it would be good to pick the kids spring break. Tim can take a few days off of work to help out and if he had to run to work or something they could help out! They would love that. I do feel kinda bad about ruining their spring break....but what can you do??? The good thing is that I won't miss any work either! He said that most people are ready to go back to work in 5-10 days and I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to go back in the 5 days. It will be 6 days by the time Tuesday rolls around. I'm sure I'll be more then ready to get out of the house!!

Well, that's about it on that update. Next week is the mammogram and ultrasound. Are you just getting tired of all this??? Well, I'm!!! LOL!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that you share! Okay, so now with the questions...
How long will you be in the hospital? What causes gallbladder disease? After the surgery will you have any more symptoms from the disease?
It's perfect that you will be home and recovering over Spring Break. They can all take care of you!
What day is your mammogram and ultrasound?

Lori Tommerup said...

I guess nothing really causes it! It just happens. That is what the doctor says. Tim asked of course, because he thinks that it was caused becuase I stress too much...but nope that's not it! They really can't explain it, but woman get it more. No, I shouldn't have any more symptoms from it and I should feel better the only bad thing might be some bathroom issues! Lets not talk about that!! But that will only last for a bit. It's an in and out surgery, so I will be home later that day. I think I go in at 1:30 and the nurse said I'll be home by 5:30. Very sore and not feeling real good. My mammogram and ultrasound are on Friday at 8:30 am. I so like getting those over early! Doesn't ruin your whole day thinking about it!