Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Emmie's story~

Today I'm just having a really tuff time. So I thought I would just tell a little story that Emmie said about my Mom a few weeks ago.


I was doing her hair in the morning and she asks me if I can french fry her hair....I know your thinking....WHAT??? Well, when we were home last summer while Ty was in the hospital my Mom did Emmies hair and she french braided it, but for some reason Emmie called it french fried. It was pretty cute at the time and Mom loved that Emmie loved it and wanted her to do her hair every day. Mom tried to show me how...but no I can't do it. She lost me as soon as she started doing it.

Emmie was pretty upset then that Grandma won't be able to french fry her hair. It was sad and Emmie did start to cry a little bit as did I.

I know not much of a post today. Just kinda down in the dumps and didn't want to bring you all with me!

But I did want to tell you that I do love to see your comments. Hopefully next Wednesday I'll have a little more for you. I'm sure I'll post something on Friday after my 2nd mammogram and Ultrasound.

5 comments:

christine said...

Lori,

I am sorry you are having a tough day. I wish there was something I could do or say to help!

That is such a cute story though and will be a great memory for Emmie to have of her Grandma. She is such a sweet heart!

Bettie said...

Lori,
Just keep writing what you feel. Your stories are fun, and it will do more for you than you think. I am praying for you. Love you.

Lyndsey said...

Lori, I like the story too. Emmie loved that french fry, and Mom did too. I am just glad you guys were here last summer, and they have such good memories of her. Keep writing...it's good to do it for you. And like we talked about, if people don't like it they don't have to read it...

Kelly said...

Lori,

I remember your mom telling that story about Emmie's hair. She thought it was really cute. Those are the memories that are going to last a lifetime.
I'm sorry you had a bad day. If there was anything that could help you or your dad or your sisters, I hope you know we'd all do it in a heartbeat.
I absolutely love your stories. I look forward to them every week. I hope it helps you to write what you are feeling.
I think about you every day!

Kelly said...

p.s. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Please let us know how your appointment goes.