Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Candle party~

While Mom was in the hospital Darlene showed her a Martha Stewart magazine and it had a craft idea in it where you go to decorate a candle in a Christmas kind of theme. Mom really liked it and said that she wanted to do that when she got out of the hospital.


It was only going to be a few people...but Mom kept inviting more and more people. She just wanted everyone to be there. She still wasn't feeling herself, so we ended up having it at Barbara's house. And if you know Barbara it turned into a little more then decorating candles.....we had food and drinks also! It was very nice and fun. We did have a little trouble finding candles.....after all it was Christmas time.


Mom really enjoyed herself while she was there. She just wasn't able to stay as long as she would to have liked to stay. She would just get so tired and then have to go home and sleep for awhile. It was so hard to see her like that. She was always the last one to leave....she was either having lots of fun or she was helping clean up.


I think back to that day and know that I will remember it forever. I know that everyone did it for my Mom that day. They knew that we wouldn't have very many more days with her and they wanted to make every day count, I know that I did.



Now whenever I see a candle burning I think of her.












1 comment:

Kelly said...

I will always remember that day. Your mom was being funny and all she wanted was a pickle! She kept asking for a pickle and she couldn't really have one because of the salt. I remember bringing her her sandwich and the first thing she said was, "Where is the pickle???" I got all nervous because everyone wanted to make her happy and give her what she wanted. My mom told her she couldn't have a stinking pickle and they acted like they were fighting. It was pretty funny.