Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On Edge~

Well, here I'm again! Did you miss me? I'm sure you did! LOL, only kidding. I'm not even sure anyone has been reading this blog, but that's okay, I understand you all have a life! You have things to do, you can't just sit around waiting for me to post this silly old blog!


Today has been a day. My stomach has been turning all day long. My mind has been going a mile a minute. I'm just remember this time last year and reliving it. You see it was Emmie's birthday and we were home celebrating with our family. We didn't have a big party, because I just felt kind of weird about having a big party when we were home and never being able to go to other parties....like we were just coming home for a present and I didn't want people to think that's all we wanted. So, it was pretty much just family and that was just fine with me. We never get that around here, to us that was a GREAT party! I wish that my kids got that every year, but they just have to settle with a small family dinner and cake.

The day started out with a lunch out to Chinese food, Emmie's favorite! My Mom didn't go, she was getting things ready for the big game that was coming up that weekend. She was also getting Emmie's cupcakes ready. She had been talking about these cupcakes that she wanted to make for her before we came home. They turned out really cute.


They were a beach theme! They not only looked cute, but they also tasted really good! I got her a cake also, but everyone wanted the cupcakes! Everyone loved them! We went out to pizza that night and it was just so nice and relaxing. Emmie had fun and got to open her presents with all of our families. I wish that I could go back to that day. I didn't take any pictures of Emmie with any of her Grandparents! What was I thinking? I guess I wasn't thinking! Just Emmie alone. Not even one with Tim or I! I should have taken one with my Mom and Emmie with the cupcakes!!! UGH!!! It just makes me want to cry!

I think that for me Emmie's birthday is harder because we are usually home for it and celebrating it with my Mom and our families. To tell you the truth this just sucks!

Tomorrow my girl will be turning 6 and I'll be celebrating her birthday without you Mom and it's just not the same!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I read every one of your blogs! :)

I love reading them.

I'm glad you were home last summer and have all of those memories.

christine said...

Me too, I read everyone of them. If you are late with a posting I am wondering where the heck is this week's blog!

Those cupcakes were awesome looking. What a great idea.

I can't believe Emmie is 6 already either! What a sweetheart she is!

Lyndsey said...

Uh...hello...I check your blog every few days! I love it. I am glad you guys were home last summer too. It was great having Mom make those cupcakes...I will always remember those cute cupcakes! I know it's hard not having a picture of Emmie with Mom. I am running into the same thing with Carter and Mom. I wish we would have taken more with her all the time. We are right next door, I have no excuse! I hope next summer you guys will be home for her birthday...MOM would love to see that again.