Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another Sad Day~

Yesterday Jenny Feller passed away~

Yes, another sad day. We knew it was coming, but are we ever ready for it? I don't think you can ever prepare yourself for losing someone important in your life! She was a wonderful Grandma to Devin and Seth. The best Mom that Jodi and Jason could ever ask for. I know the pain that Jodi must be going through right now, and I can't do anything to help her. I hate that I'm so far away and I can't help. I feel so helpless! I'm just so thankful that Devin is home and was able to see Jenny. That makes me feel a little bit better, not much, but a little. My heart goes out to Devin, Seth, Jodi, Tony and the rest of the family. Yes, I do feel like I was still part of the family. Jodi always made me feel that way. She always called and kept me up to date on everything and I know that it wasn't easy.

I have many great memories of Jenny and I will treasure them and fondly tell Devin about them. She was a great Mother-in-law. She would always try and see me when I was in town even if Devin wasn't with me. I know that Devin moving away was very hard on her and I felt very bad that she couldn't see Devin as often as she would have liked.

Yesterday after hearing the news and after getting over the shock of it all.....I did smile, I thought she is with Jim and Jason. I know that she is happy to be with them. She loved them so much and them leaving her at such an early age was so very hard on her.


We now have one more Angel in heaven looking out for us~


Thanks Jenny for all the wonderful memories and most of all thank you for letting me in your family. I truly felt blessed to have been loved by your son and that I have a piece of Jason and you.....Devin! He is truly a blessing and I hope that one day he can fill those big shoes that his Dad left. You will never be forgotten!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

It's not fair for anyone to have to go through this....especially Devin. I am so sad that he had to lose 2 Grandma's...it's just not fair. I am glad he got to have his last memory of Grandma Jenny happy, and that he's here. I do wish you were here too, and I know you would be if you could. I know she was a special person in your life too...so I am thinking of all of you guys....

Bettie said...

Lori,
I am so sorry to hear of Jenny's passing. My heart is aching for you and Devin. Please know that my prayers are with you.