Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cornhole~

I'm not sure if any of you know what Corn hole is, but here in Kentucky it's a must! People play it all the time. It's an outside game kind of like horse shoes but played with bags of corn. A few weeks ago Tim made some sets. We went ahead and bought the corn hole bags. You can get them in any type of fabric you want, most people around here would choose the UK colors, but not us. Shh, don't tell anyone, but we really aren't UK fans! I mean around here if it's game day and you don't have a UK shirt on you get looked at kind of funny! Every where you go it's UK everywhere, even at the doctors office!


Anyways on to the corn hole......


Tim and Devin are loving it! They play it all the time. Ty, Emmie and I play it sometimes, but we aren't as good as Tim and Devin, so it's usually just the two of them playing. It's actually nice to see them have something in common. When Tim's parents came to visit we played it also, but the weather was so warm, it just made it really hard to enjoy it as much as we all would have liked.
Here is what the set looks like. Tim even made a drink holder and score board for it. I do have to say it is fun, but I need to practice a little more.







3 comments:

christine said...

I wish I could have played..looks fun!

Bettie said...

Yes, Lori, we really enjoyed playing Cornhole with you! We had a perfect visit to Kentucky and even got to see the fireflys.

Lanette said...

Looks fun... reminds me of lasso golf a tiny bit. Different game but similar! :) We are enjoying Devin's company but wish you all could have come home with him!! Tomorrow I promised to take him to see 'Despicable Me'. I heard it's funny.