Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Memories~

These last few days all I have been thinking about is my Mom and reliving everything that happened. I think, well I know it's because my mind has also been on Jenny. I know what Jodi is going through and I know what she will be going through. It's not an easy road that's for sure, I'm not sure that road ever gets easy. It sure hasn't gotten any easier for me.


Every day I wake up and I think maybe, just maybe I can get through this day and not cry, but I don't think that has happened since my Mom passed away. I will go through the day and not think about it and all of the sudden...it hits me when I'm not expecting it! Sometimes it happens right as I'm getting ready for bed and I look over and see her pictures and I think to myself...I can't believe that I have not talked to my Mom today or yesterday or the day before! It just makes no sense to me that it has been over seven months and I haven't talked to her. How can that be? I never went over a few days without talking to her! I don't really talk to anyone. I mean I talk to Tim and the kids, but I don't have anyone that I can really talk to. I used to be able to tell my Mom everything. I could complain to her about things that weren't going right and she would just take it all in, but now I don't have that someone to tell. So, I keep it all in! Who really wants to hear me complain? She did! She would listen and then complain herself! LOL!! It was so nice to be able to have that and now it's gone and she is gone!


Sometimes I think I just repeat myself and I'm sorry if I do. But you really must know that I come down here to write and I have something in my mind and what comes out is something totally different then what I really had intended to write.


All I know is that in less then 8 months we have lost two wonderful woman and my son Devin has lost two of his Grandmas. They loved him more then anything and I know that he is hurting inside and it's hard for him to show us that side.



I know that someday this picture will mean more to him then anything! They were his biggest fans and they only wanted the best for him.

1 comment:

christine said...

Lori,

I have been thinking a lot about Devin the last couple days and thinking about how hard this all must be for him. Especially at his age. That is such a wonderful picture of the three of them and I think your right, it will be a special picture for him.

I am sorry you are having to relive everything, especially from so far away.