Saturday, July 24, 2010

THE BIG GAME!

Today is the day.......THE BIG GAME!!! Mariner's vs Dodgers!

Devin loves this day! He can't wait for the draw of the teams, the excitement of the game! I have to admit it is pretty fun. I have missed a few and I'll be missing this one this year and I'm wishing that I was there today! Things have changed a little since last year.

First of all it changed places this year. It was in the works before everything happened with my Mom. We were at Riley's birthday party last year and something got mentioned about the field behind Lanette's and Jim's house and everyone thought it would be a great place for the field. Jim could mow it down to look like a real field. We said or someone said, that's a great idea!

Second of all my Mom will not be there. She didn't play but she did everything else. She couldn't wait for the day also....she did it for Devin. She knew how much it meant to him. Even though it meant lots of work for her. We would have team pictures and everything that went along with a real baseball game. We even had Riley sing the National Anthem. Now she is a great singer! Of course we couldn't forget the seventh inning stretch! Then when the game was done we would eat! YUM! My Dad would make something really good. Last year he smoked some pork loins! They were so good!!!

So, here I sit today wishing that I was there getting ready for THE BIG GAME!

No comments: