Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day~

This weekend was Memorial Day.   Most people think of it as a three day weekend, but for me it reminds me of my Mom. 

It reminds me of her because she would always spend so much time the week before up at the cemetery getting all the markers all nice and clean, well her and Grandma would.  They took such good care of all of them.  She took over the job of taking care of Jason's marker for me since I wasn't home to do it.  It was very nice of her to do for Devin and I. 

She didn't just do it on this weekend....she did it all the time.  She kept the supplies in her car and made sure that if the weather was nice....then that was were she was.  She loved it!  Plain and simple.  I know that my family is doing it for her marker.  It makes me sad that I can't do it.  I can't do it for her or for Jason. 

I know this isn't the best subject....but it's life.  It's what she would want.....she would want her marker to be kept looking nice and I know that it is.  My family knew how important this would be to her.  I know she most likely had lots of flowers this weekend.......pretty flowers all around her marker.  Just what she would have done for everyone else.

No comments: