Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homeward Bound!

After just a few months short of 11 years.......we are coming HOME!!!!  Well, not really Home, but a few hours from home!  Isn't that just unreal!  Did you ever think that it would happen?  Well, I didn't!  Not because I didn't think Tim couldn't get a job....just that there weren't that many out that way.  Nobody wants to leave the Northwest.  So, it's been a long time coming.....!

The kids are very excited about it.  Well, Ty was a little upset about leaving his friends at first, but I think he is coming around.  We have talked about it with him and told him that this would be the best time....right as he is entering middle school.  Devin was all for it!  Even though he is going to be a Senior.  He has wanted to be home for a long time.  Emmie....well you  know Emmie, she is pretty easy going.  So, it's a done deal!  Tim told his work yesterday and it's going to happen! 

So, now lets talk about my feelings. 

Of course I'm excited!  But I'm also feeling a little sad....maybe even a little scared.  Sad for many reasons.  We have lived here for awhile and really I have felt more at home here in Lexington then I did when we lived in Arkansas.  Maybe because it was more of a city then when we lived in Arkansas.  We felt like we were isolated.....had to drive forever to get to a mall or any type of good shopping.  Not that shopping is everything...but when you don't have it...then you really miss it!  I have watched my kids grow up here.  Devin has went through junior high and now was getting ready to graduate from High school. From schools we knew about and he did so well and the teachers LOVED him!  I know he will be loved were ever he goes.....he is just like his Dad.  We also watched Ty go through the same school for 6 years!  And Emmie was following in his foot steps.  Ty's name was well known at the school.  I drove past the school the other day and it just made me sad.  Ty will also not finish his last year at the ball field that he has played at since he was in t-ball!  Next year he would have got a wood bat with his name on it. 

I know that these things are all things that can be replaced and I'm willing to do so.  It just makes me a little sad. 

This is the biggie.....! 

She waited!  She waited a long time for this!  She wanted this so bad and I just wish that she was here to see it happen!  I wish that she was here with me trying to get this place in order.  I need her!  Plain and simple!  She always helped....I'm just not sure that I can do this without her.  Well, I have to, it's just not going to be easy. 

She made the long trip out this way with me, Tim, Devin and Ty when he was just a baby.  Now we are doing it once again, but this time I won't have her sitting beside me, helping with the drive, helping in anyway that she could.  I'll be thinking of her as I'm driving across the country, knowing that the last time I did this she was sitting right beside me. 

Really I'm very happy, excited and thrilled to be coming home!  My family means the world to me and to be able to hop in the car and drive 2 hours will make my world so much better.  It's been a hard 11 years being away from my family, who are not only my family members but are also my friends!  My kids will love being able to be HOME for special holidays and other things that we have missed over the years.  I know that we may not get to come home every weekend, with the price of gas.  But just knowing that we CAN come home and will be able to come home!  It won't cost us a fortune in plane tickets....just gas! 

I'm also hoping that we will have visitors come and see us since we won't be miles and miles away!  Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face!

We are homeward bound :)

3 comments:

christine said...

I am so excited for you that your headed this way - after such a long time. Just because you guys want to be closer to family doesn't mean you didn't enjoy living in Lexington. Both times I came for a visit I really enjoyed the city and thought it was a nice place to live and for the kids to be going to school. I am sure it will be hard to leave, but so worth it once you get all settled in! I am so excited!!!!

I know you moving back home was something your Mom always wanted so much, but I know she is looking down on you happy as could be that you will finally be soooo close to home.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo ready to have my niece and nephews so close to home!! Tell Ty we are already planning a fun-filled over-nighter for him at the Burkes!!

I'm here to help too so just give me a call!
Min

Lyndsey said...

Mom would have been so happy. I wanted her here to celebrate with her about you guys coming home. I so badly wanted to walk next door and just see her face. There would have been nothing but happiness. I know you are sad that you didn't come home before she was gone, but I also know she's happy just the same. She wants you to be near all of us. She wants your kids to know what having a family Christmas is like. She wants all of them to experience what we had and what she had. So she's getting her wish. And did I mention so are WE! I am so glad, I can't even tell you. I have wished this for well...11 years to be exact! But now that we are living without Mom, it would sure be nice to have some more family around. Especially one of my sisters! Someone who knows how it feels to be without her. I wish I could help with the move the way she did,but nobody will ever be as good as she was. She might already have you packed and leaving!!! She was that good! We are counting down the days....