Monday, May 23, 2011

Ty playing for the REDS~

Well here we are...another year of baseball.  This year has been a little bit different for us all.....more so for Ty.  He went up a level.  He is now in the major division.  Which is a little bit harder then last year.  The kids are all a LOT better.  They want to be there!  They want to play baseball.    
 Ty hasn't been playing all that much.  He is the younger one this year.  He also isn't hitting that great.  Well, I know the pitchers are much better then last year.  They actually put it where they want....they are fast!  So, it's hard to watch our son sit on the bench when we are used to him being one of the kids who plays the whole game.  I know next year will be different and he will play more, but it still isn't easy for me or Tim.
 They do have some pretty nice uniforms.  They got new ones this year....so that was nice.  They even put the last names on the hats.  I thought that was pretty neat. 
I have yet to get any action shots of Ty this year.  I will try and get that done in the next few weeks.  We only have a few more games left of the season.  It's been a rainy one around here.  Not much sun!  Doesn't seem like baseball without the sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are super cool uniforms! I know what you mean about watching your kid sit, but what I told mine when it happened was, "It is ok to ride the pine, just don't be comfortable there!" I know Ty will work hard if it matters to him and he will be great!!
It has been a very rainy season here too...We have only had three games in the sun....aarrgghh...I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in a few months!
Min

Lyndsey said...

Looking Good Ty! It's frustrating I am sure. There's nothing you can do about it as a parent. Tell him to keep his head up!