Friday, March 4, 2011

Yearly appointment~

Today was my yearly appointment with my Dr.  It went pretty good....compared to last years.  I think I spent most of last year at this or that doctor.  So, as of today I only have a few things to do.  At first I really didn't think I liked my doctor, but the more I seen her the more I liked her.  She is very caring to my situation and she really understands what I'm going through. 

Here is a few things that I will be doing in the next few months...if you are at all interested. 

First of all I will try and get into the UK testing for Ovarian Cancer.  I guess that since we now have cancer in the family she wants me to try and get some free testing done. She is pretty sure that I will be able to get in and also be able to get the BRCA analysis test done for free.  Which is good since our insurance most likely will not pay for it.  The doctor was really nice about it, but the receptionist wasn't!!  Why do they always have to be like that?  It's not like it's going to be their problem!  All she did was have to make a simple phone call.  She looked at me and said, "You are not 50....you won't get in!"  Well, The doctor said for you to call!  So there!!  It would be nice if they had this kind of thing in Washington or Oregon....well maybe they do! 

I also have to go in and get a mole looked at that is on my back.  Hopefully it is nothing.  she just said that it looked funny and she wanted me to get it looked at. 

Other then that everything looked okay. I do go in on the 14th of this month for my six month mammogram and ultrasound.  I'll let you know how that goes. 

Sorry it's such a boring post!

2 comments:

Lori Tommerup said...

Just wanted to update you on the screening....got a call later that afternoon and I got in!! I didn't have to do any of the stuff that the lady in the office told me I would have to do to get in! My doctor must ahve made some phone calls for me!! But the bad thing is that I don't get to go in until August! Oh well....at least I got in.

christine said...

That is great that you got in!