Friday, March 4, 2011

She gets it~

I'm sure you all know that I went back to work in November.  I started working with someone new.  I was a little worried because I was going to be with a different person.  You know what it's like when you have to work with someone different.....you just don't know what to expect.  What they will expect from you.  I just want to do a good job and to be liked.  I have always been that way.  I'm a person who likes to please.  I want to please everyone and I sometimes feel like I don't do a good enough job. 

Well, she is very nice and I like her a lot...I hope that she like me and that she thinks that I'm doing an okay job, that I fit in.  I know when you take have to take someones spot that you have been working with it's hard.

 The thing about Jenny is that she understands what I'm going through.  She has been through this...she gets it!  Her Dad passed away and she was very close to him and he had cancer also and did the whole hospice thing.  So, she understands.  She is someone here that I can talk to about it.  Not that we have a lot of time to talk while we are working...but it's just nice to know that she is there if I need to talk.  She has experienced the same pain as I have.

A week ago, the lady in charge of Moms Day Out lost her Dad also.  As I was telling her how sorry I was, she says to me......I now understand what you went through and it's not fun, not fun at all.  All I could say is.....I know.  I couldn't tell her that it gets better, because for me it's just not better yet.

2 comments:

christine said...

Lori,

I am so glad you have people there you can talk to who understand what you have gone through.

Lyndsey said...

It's nice to know that someone just gets it. Just a little look at them, acknowledging that they just understand you. There's no way anyone can understand what it's like unless they've gone through it too. So to have that at work must be very comforting. I am so glad that you have that. I am sure every loss is different. But I think about it a lot that not even Mom knew what we are going through. She still had her Mom. I always think about who Mom wanted with her the last day she was alive, and one of them was Grandma. That just having her in the room was a comfort. I am glad Grandma was there for Mom. I guess when our time comes, we obviously won't have Mom here with us, but she will be waiting for us. I am sure of that. And that's a bittersweet thought.