Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Happening~

Well, it's happening......Going through my Moms stuff!

Well, I'm not going through it.  I'm not able to do it... I know that I don't need to tell you why...you all know why.

 It's a little depressing that I can't be involved with it.  That I can't sit and go through everything.  Not just because I want some of her things, but because I want to sit there and I want to remember her.  I want to remember her in those things.  I want to sit there and see her in my mind...wearing those clothes...those clothes that she picked out.  Those clothes that she most likely got for a really good price.  Maybe I'm crazy......................But that's really what I want. 

It's just really hard to explain how after all this time I still feel so lost with out her.  Not that it really has been along time...but some people may think that I should be getting better.....and I will admit that I'm getting better.  But I still miss her more then ever and I still feel like a part of me is just gone. 

Lyndsey has been going through it getting me some things that I have told her I would like and some other items that she thinks I would like...so that was nice of her to do.  I know it's not easy for any of them...my Dad included.  I don't know how he can look inside that empty closet...because it will be empty now with all her things gone.  It was all her stuff in it before and now.......what will be in there?  

There is one thing that I did request yesterday while talking to Lyndsey......not that my Dad is giving it away...but if he ever does.....I put in my request right now!  I want the bread box in the kitchen.  Not that Mom used it for bread.  She stored all her jewlery inside of it!  The reason that I'm asking for it is because she gave Lanette, Leah and Lyndsey all bread boxes and I never got one from her.  So....for all of you this is what I want.  Then we could all have one from her.  I'm sure Dad won't want to give it up for some time...but when the time comes.......  It's always been kind of a funny thing for her to have that in the kitchen and use it for jewlery and not bread and you know what?  I would keep that tradition going!  No bread in that bread box!!!

1 comment:

Lanette said...

You should definitely have the breadbox! That's just the way she'd want it. I know that.
It has been hard going through her stuff. But also good. There's even been a few moments of laughter. The girls and I ran across several pieces of clothes that just made us laugh. I know some of them, she was saving for this or that sort of costume. Stuff she'd never wear but also stuff she couldn't pass up because "you just never know when I (or someone else) could use it". Doesn't that sound just like Mom? I'm sorry that you've missed out on this. It certainly hasn't been easy but I was glad to help Dad with it. And glad to take pieces of Mom. And glad for the girls to all have a chance to pick out things too. I'm sorry you weren't able to do that... but happy that Lyndsey and Barbara picked out some things for you. :) As far as the breadbox goes, it's yours.