Wednesday, April 13, 2011

She's done it again~

I made it through Spring break!  It was a little crazy in this house with all the kids home and then to top it off Tim was off for a few of those days!  So, if anyone was wondering why I didn't do any posting last week it was because I had a houseful and also because we did a few things.  I'll be posting some pictures later.  I can't do it today because we had a little problem after the rain!  The basement got flooded again!  Not too bad this time around...but it's drying out today and hopefully we will be able to put it all back together in a few days.  It's a good thing that we really don't have much down there that can get ruined.  It's mainly just my work area.


She's Done it again~

My daughter........I just don't know where she gets it, the things she comes up with, the things she says.  She seems to be so much older then she actually is.

The other day for some reason she wanted to tell me that even though we can't see Grandma she can still see us.  She went on to tell me more and for the life of me I can't remember all that she said.  All I know is that by the end of our conversation I had tears in my eyes. 

Another day we were watching TV and there was a story about a lady with Breast cancer and out of the blue she asks me....."Mom, when Grandma passed away did she just fall down?"  I go on to tell her how Grandma was in a hospital and try and tell her in a gentle way of how it happened. but before I had finished she stopped me.  She said...."Mom, If this is making you sad talking about it I understand."  I'm amazed that she is so thoughtful, so understanding of my feelings. 

I have told you all before that after seeing how sensitive she is to my feelings that I have now held back on when I'm sad and thinking about my Mom.  I will try and do that when I'm by myself.  Not that I don't talk about her, but I don't just sit and do it all the time.  She comes up with this stuff all on her own.  

I wish that my Mom was here to see what a wonderful little girl she has become~

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

She is just like you Lori...