Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Family~

Sometimes I will sit and think......think about the past.  Think about our family and some of the things that we have done.   Some people might say we are kind of a different kind of family.  Why?  Well.......I think that our family does so much with each other. 

I remember growing up and I remember going to Grandmas house.  It was the funnest place to be.  I know us kids would be outside playing and all the sisters would be inside most likely complaining about us kids!  Grandma would make the best things......buns, cookies, taffy bars(one of my favorites) and my all time favorite.....donuts! Yum...just thinking about them makes me want some right now!  But those days bring back so many great memories not just of my Mom, but of all my Aunts.  They all have something special about them.  You don't really have anything bad to say about any one of them.  That place at Grandmas was the place to be.

Now we are grown and that is the place we always want to take our kids...to Grandmas house...to my kids she is Grandma donut....to others she may be Granny.  We all have special names for her.  She is a special lady!  My Mom loved to spend so much time with her. 

I love being home and being around my family.  It just feels right!  Even though I may have not have seen them in over a year...I can still walk right back in and feel at home! 

2 comments:

christine said...

I know, Grandma's house was (and still is) the best and funnest place! I remember just running through there - grabbing a yummy snack of some sort (taffy bars are definately one of my favorites) and heading out back. We had so many cool forts and things in that place! Granny is the coolest, sweetest little lady ever!

Lyndsey said...

She is the best. There's no other Grandma like her that's for sure. I wish she knew how much we are thankful for her. She was the reason we had the best Moms.