Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pretty is what Changes~

I found another book......Pretty is What Changes.

 It's kind of funny that I happened to pick this one up.  I went to look in the biography section of the library and just happened to see this this one.  I noticed it because it was pink.....so I picked it up and wanted to see what it was about.  Here is a quick over view for you.  It's about a lady who's mother had Breast cancer and then ended up having Ovarian cancer and now she found out she tested positive for BRCA.  I'm almost done with it.  It has been very interesting and very informative.  Maybe at times a little too much information, but I guess you can never have enough information.

But in this book when she is talking about her Mom and it's time for her to pass on...the nurse is telling her and her sister that she will not go with them in the room.  I'm brought back to when it was my Mom's time.  She wouldn't go with us in the room.  She wouldn't let us see her take her last breath.....she waited until we were out of the room and my Dad was relaxing and then she went.  She didn't want us to see her go.  That's what Mothers do.  I understood it all then. Not that it made me feel any better, but I know that's  what she did that day.  That was her last thing that she could do for us and that was what she was going to do and  she fought all day to do it.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

That's so wierd because we were just talking about this at stepping stones the last time I went. Lots of people do that I guess. I want to find that book. It sounds like something good to read and informative too.