Monday, February 28, 2011

Memories in a Box~

Okay, okay.....I'm so late at posting!!  I mean really late...like days late.  What is my excuse?  Hmmm......well to be completely honest with you....I just didn't have it in me last week and then I thought I would just wait until after Devin's birthday and then do a post on that.  Now I just need to upload my photos and I can do that post.  I know I'm so not doing good on my blogging these last few weeks.  But I'm thinking about it.  I have two things in my brain that I could write about, but today I only have time enough to write about one of them.  I have to go and pick up the kids in an hour....so I'm sure I will only be able to post one of them.  Then when they get home everything just goes CRAZY around here! 

So, after all that are you ready?  Hmm....I didn't hear you!  LOL.....just a little humor on a very stormy Monday!  Okay here goes................

The other day I was looking for my high school diploma and as I was looking for it, I was coming across things that I really wasn't ready to come across.  As I was looking for it I would have to stop and look at all the other stuff that I was finding.  Places that I really needed to stay away from.  I was crying and looking and not finding my diploma!!!  UGH!!!  Not a fun day! 

So, I finally go into a box that I know for sure it's not in.  Devin's box.  It has all of his childhood memories inside.  As I'm looking inside this box I lift up the blankets and guess what?  Yes.....there is my diploma!!!  Why on earth would I put it in Devin's box?  What was I thinking?  Anyways......  I'm so happy that I found it...but then as I dig deeper in the box I see things......I see all these memories.  All of them are memories of my Mom.  Like the little glass figures that she gave him every year for his birthday.  Well, for boys they only went to age 5.  So, yes the tears come down......his birthday was the next day.  She should be here for this day.  I see the little boy rabbit that she gave him....she would always put that out at Easter.  It's those little things that bring on all these memories.  I see his little hippo that he had and I see him at Grandma's house with my Mom.....all these memories come out as I'm looking in the box.  I finally had to stop...I couldn't make it through the box.  I know there are more memories of her in that box....some of them I will have to tell him about. 

I'm just so glad that Devin will have all these memories of his Grandma....she loved him so much~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you did get in your time machine for a while!!! ;)

christine said...

From time to time I look at all my Mom's stuff. I have her Drivers License, social security card, all her wallet stuff. Then I have all her school stuff and things like that. I remember when I had such a hard time looking at the stuff that I couldn't really do it. But, slowly over the years it has gotten much better and while I can't help but think about all the stuff we have missed out on, I really have learned to get some kind of enjoyment out of looking at it all. I know someday you will be the same way.