Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Journey part two~

After thinking about my last post I thought that I would tell you about how my journey started and it started with my Mom right by my side.

Once my Mom found out that we were going to be moving to of all places Arkansas she was not happy!  But finally after coming to terms with it she made up her mind that she would be making the trip with us.  She would be helping us move across the country, over 2,500 miles away from everything that we were familiar with.  She wanted to be the one to see where we were going to live.  She wasn't going to let me do this by myself, well I wasn't by myself I had Tim and the boys, but I still needed my Mom, don't we always need our Mom's?  Well I did and I still do. 

We started our journey....Tim was in the big moving truck and we were in Tim's truck.  We were talking about some things on the way up and one of the things was that Grandma had told my Mom that we needed to be careful at rest stops and not get murdered...I know kind of funny, but on our first stop at a rest stop a lady said something to us and we both thought she said "Are there any murderers?"  We looked at each other and thought what?  Turn's out that wasn't what she asked us, but it was funny, I guess you had to be there, but it was kind of a funny thing to talk about later on during the trip. 

She ended doing most of the driving...I did do some.  But she did a lot and helped us out so much.  It was so nice to have her with us.  I don't think it would have been an easy drive without her.  Ty was just 3 months old and needed lots of attention. 

By the time we arrived in Magnolia we were ready to be there!  Ready to stop driving!  Ready to see what I had gotten myself into!  Ready to see this little town and the house that I would be living in.  The house was good....it was big, bigger then the house we have now.  What I wouldn't do for that house now!  It had four bedrooms that were pretty good size and a nice big front room.  The kitchen wasn't that big, but bigger then the one I have now.  Mom liked the house.  The town.........hmmmmm.....the town was small.  Not much to do.  She wasn't as impressed with the town, but then neither was I. 

She got to stay for another week, helping us get things moved in and trying to get some things unpacked.  I have some pictures of this and I wish that I could put them on here...maybe I can scrapbook them and then add them, that might work. 

Then came the dreaded day....the day she had to leave.  We had to drive her to Shreveport and that was the longest drive, not as long as the drive back.  It was so hard telling her goodbye and then having to watch her say goodbye to Devin and Ty.  Devin who she had such a strong bond to and Ty who was just a baby who she was just getting to know.  Now she had to say goodbye and we didn't know when we would see her again.  We were so used to seeing her almost every day.  But now we had no family, no one to go to if we needed something.  We were on our own!!  That was scary!  Devin and I cried the whole way home, an hour and a half. Then when we did get home I went into Devin's room where she had spent so much time and just sat and cried! 

Every day since this journey has began my Mom has always been the one that I would call when I needed  to feel like I was at  HOME! 

2 comments:

christine said...

That was so great that she went on that trip with you...didn't she go with you to Kentucky as well? I know what a huge help she was always to you and how much you appreciated her! Those are good memories!

Lori Tommerup said...

Yes, she did go to Ky with us also. She was always there for us when we needed her, but then again she was always there for everyone! That is just the way she was!