Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom~

Today my Mom would have been 61~

She should be here today getting my morning phone call telling her Happy Birthday.  But she's not here!

  This whole month brings back lots of memories of last year.  This is when it all seemed to start.  This is when she started telling us she wasn't feeling well.  She said she just had a "flu bug" that was going around.  Well, her "flu bug" never got better.  I remember talking to her and she just didn't sound good.  She didn't sound like Mom.  She didn't do the things she usually did.  She seemed to be getting worse and worse.  It was Halloween and she still wasn't feeling good.  It was so hard for me to deal with my day to day stuff around here because I was so worried about her even then, but she kept telling me she was fine and it was just that darn "flu bug" that just kept coming back!  What could I do??  What could anybody do?  Everyone told her to go to the doctor, but she had to make the choice to go and when she did that is when all hell broke loose! 

I wish that I was home so that I could give her flowers.  I know that she will have plenty of them, but I just want to be able to do that for her. She loved doing that and always made sure everyone had flowers. I'm not sure when I will be able to give her flowers.  I know the first time I go it will be very emotional for me, but it is something I need to do....want to do.

Happy birthday Mom~

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

She did have lots of flowers, but I know it's nice to be able to give her some yourself. We picked out a pale pink and white bouquet. Very pretty. I know she knows you wanted to be here to do that, and she understands. You will be here this summer hopefully and be able to give her some flowers...lots of pink pretty ones.