Friday, October 15, 2010

Devin's Surgery~

This is a picture of Devin before his surgery.  It was a little sad that day.  As soon as the nurse left and he got in the bed to wait a little tear came out of his eye.....he was so scared.  I don't blame him, I was scared also when I had my surgery.  But for a kid, it's more of the unknown.  They really don't know what to expect.  They don't know what is going to happen. 

He wanted me to get a picture of these cute little socks that they had him wear. 

He looks pretty scared in all of these pictures.  But as we were waiting for everything.....in my mind I kept thinking that as the end of the bed he had other people waiting along with me.  He had two other Grandma's and his Dad.  They were not going to let him go in without them!  The surgery went well and he is now doing great!  These last few days he hasn't had to take any pain medication.  That makes him feel much better and me also.  We are just waiting to hear from the doctor on the other thing they found, but it looks like it will be fine as long as he is feeling fine. 

2 comments:

christine said...

I imagine that was a tough day for you both! Your right, he had a lot of people looking out for him! I am glad everything went well and he is doing good!

Lyndsey said...

I am also comforted by the thought that Devin has so many people upstairs watching out for him. I know they are there and will be there protecting him all the time...makes me feel a little better. I am sad I couldn't be there too...I would have been there for him (and you) if you guys were home...it's a bummer again that you guys are so far away. Regardless we think about you guys more than you know...