Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Family~

First of all I wanted to tell you about a blog that I have just recently started reading. The blog is called Beneath My Heart and it reminds me of my Mom in a couple of ways. Traci, the lady that writes the blog just lost her Mom to cancer not more then 4-5 months ago. I remember her going through all of that and really thinking about my Mom and then when she came back to work, I just kept wondering how she does it. How can she come to work after having lost her Mom. How does she still put a smile on her face every day? But now I know how she does it.....she does it for us. She try's to be strong for all of us. Because that is what I do, I don't want anyone at work to see how hurt I'm, so I just put the smile on my face. Anyways......... another reason that this blog reminds me of my Mom is because she is always taking old things and turning them into other things. Mom would have loved this. She took a bed frame and cut it off and turned it into a towel rack! Now if my Mom would have seen this you would have been sure to see this in her bathroom on your next visit or at least she would have had some plans in the works. She loved things like this and she would have loved looking at all these little projects.

I know your wondering what this has to do with my title for the day. Traci has a day on her blog that she writes about her Mom and I thought I might do that also. That way I would have to try and do it every week. So I thought maybe I would do Wednesdays. So every Wednesday I'll write a little something on my Mom. Maybe a story or a feeling, just whatever comes to my mind. Sound good? I hope so.

FAMILY~

While I was home and we were in the hospital all I remember is my Mom saying was how wonderful her family was. Everyone would do such wonderful things for her and she just really didn't know what to say or do. She was amazed at everyone. She was more of a giver then a taker. So, being the one on the other side was a little bit strange for her. I just can't remember how many times I heard her say what a wonderful family she had. I still see her sitting in her hospital bed with her green blanket draped around her shoulders and her pretty pin keeping it together looking at everyone in her room and smiling. I know right then that she knew how much she was loved.

I know families are all a little different and our big family has many issues. But push come to shove...when you need them they are there. I wouldn't change a single one of them. They are my family and I love every single one of them. My only wish is that one day I will live close to home to be able to see them more often. I do miss the birthday parties, BB Q's, dinners on Sundays and all the Holidays.

Home is where your family is~

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great idea Lori. I will look forward to reading your blog every Wednesday!
My mom went with your dad last night to a grief class. She said that it was a good "class" because she was allowed to be sad. Everyone there was just as sad as her, and dealing with their own grief.
I know they say time heals all wounds, but it's a hard concept to accept!

Lyndsey said...

I think that's a great idea Lori...I will hold you to that every Wednesday...it's very therapeutic for me to read your blog. It helps knowing we are all feeling how we are feeling. You are so right about the family thing. I mean we have issues here and there, as every family does. But you put it perfect, when push comes to shove, we were all there for eachother. I hope everyone knows how much that meant to Mom. She was so happy and elated when people would do nice things for her. I loved seeing her getting all the attention for once, and everyone just sitting around looking at her and knowing just how great she really was. I know Mom was great to us, I mean greater than great. But she was also someone different to everyone in that hospital room. I keep replaying that day in my head, and I just go back and think how many people were there, and all of them held a certain spot in Mom's life. She was helpful and I'm sure did many nice things for each and every person.
You will be home one day again, because you belong here. Mom would love to see the day that you were back where you belong. I hope it's soon...it would sure be nice to have you here. It sucks not having you home, but more importantly, I'm positive it sucks even more for you not to be home. I can't imagine what I would do without my family. I recall saying to Kelly (since I know you read this Kelly ) that I couldn't imagine not having my Mom around when the boys were little. So I can't imagine how hard this has to be for you, not being here when you are dealing with
being "Motherless". But this is good for us to blog... we can be here for eachother this way, right? At least we aren't sisterless...

christine said...

Lori,

That is a great idea and I will look forward to reading your blog every week. Our family is great, like everyone has said - there are always issues, but when it comes down to it we are always there for each other. Especially there for your Mom, because she was ALWAYS there for everyone else. I remember thinking that when she was in the hospital she was so popular. You had to really fight to get in to see her because everyone wanted to. She was so much to so many people. When I think of her, I always see her smiling face.