Friday, February 26, 2010

Mammogram update~

Today I went in for my follow up with my doctor to talk about all that has been going on and it has been a lot. It feels like I have been at the doctors office almost every day! I told the kids that we had to hurry up the other day because I had a doctors appointment and Ty says another one!

We talked about me going to the surgeon on Thursday about my gallbladder. Come to find out she says that your gallbladder should be functioning at a 30% and mine is at a 17%. She doesn't yet know if he will want to do surgery or not, I guess we will find out after talking to him. She talked about doing a scope!!! YIKES!! I think I just want to go ahead and do the surgery! I'm not so keen on having a scoop down my throat! I then asked her if she had any news on my mammogram, not really thinking that she would have the results in already, but she did. I guess I have to go in and have another one done. My breast are dense??? Not really sure what that means. She even talked about having an MRI done on them. So, I don't go in for the second mammogram until the 12th of March. I don't think it's much to worry about...so I'm not going to worry about it. That's what I'm telling myself! She also wants me to go in for some free testing that they have here at the UK hospital. Since we now have Breast cancer and Ovarian cancer in our family she says that I will qualify for that. She says it's really good and it's all for FREE! Why not!

She was very nice today and I really enjoyed our visit. Maybe the first visit I had with her she was just trying to get me figured out. It was just her and I today. She did ask about counseling and if I still felt good enough without medication and I turned down the medication and told her that we are working on the counseling. It's just been hard with all these doctor appointments trying to get a counseling appointment in also. So, that is in the plans for March!

Hope you wanted all that information...because you got it! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing all of that information! I am really happy that you are following through with all of this stuff.
What exactly does dense breasts mean? Would they do the gall bladder surgery soon? How long will you be in the hospital?

That is great that you can get that free testing. What a wonderful opportunity. It would be worth it to ease your mind or at least give you some information to work with.

Please, please keep posting what's going on. When I get to work in the mornings I get my coffee, turn the heater on in my office and boot up my computer and the first thing I look at is your blog! :) You are a part of my daily routine.

Lori Tommerup said...

Thanks Kelly! It's nice to know that I'm a part of your day!

As far as dense breast....I'm not really sure how to explain them. But I think they are more common then we know. I guess I will always have to go above a normal mammogram now with the dense breasts.

I'll let you know more about the gall bladder after tomorrow...maybe I won't need surgery!