Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let your Dreams take Flight~

A second post today!!!!

After reading my last post.....it kind of sounded it little bit like last weeks, but after just hearing that from someone very close to me I was a little upset! So, I thought I would try and post another one, this one more about my Mom!

When I came home the second time, I found in my room a little bag that my Mom had gotten ready for me. She had went shopping before I left and was going to give it to me for helping her out. Little did she know I didn't need anything for helping her out. Just being there and seeing her was gift enough for me, but you know my Mom, she had to thank you for doing something for her. For some reason or another she ended up not giving it to me before I left, so she put it together and just left it in my room for me.

I was with her on the trip that we made to Target that night. It was such a fun night. She was feeling a little bit better, she had been to the doctors earlier that day and had got her tummy drained. Lyndsey and I took her to Target. She got to ride in one of those little wheelchair's that she could control on her own. She had so much fun. I think she just felt like she could do something on her own again. We were gone for a long time. She spent a lot of money that night, but she had fun. I remember asking her when we were at the register if I could help her get her stuff out on the counter and she kind of snapped at me and said no! Little did I know why. It was because she had things in her basket for me. She did say later why she did that, but I didn't think anything of it. I was just having so much fun seeing her having fun.

She ended up buying me this little plaque to hang on the wall it says:

Let your Dreams take flight.
Let your heart be the guide.

She bought me a few other items that I will cherish forever. But every time I look at the plaque it just hurts. Because I think of all her dreams and what she lost, what we all lost.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Lori,
I am glad we got to have that night with Mom...I think we needed it. She was so funny, and didn't have a care in the world about how much she was spending...it was great to see her like that. I remember her yelling at you (hah! yelling, like she yelled, but you know what I mean) to go away when she was paying and I was trying to give you 'eyeballs' about the fact that she wanted you gone. I was hoping you understood, it was nothing personal, in fact it was something VERY personal. She appreciated you being there, and was so happy for the time that you guys had together. I knew that and she never even had to say that to me...I just hope you realize it. You are so much like her, in wanting to make people feel special and happy with all the little things you do...cards, and such. She was so happy to get any of the cards you sent, no matter what they were for. I know it's not getting easier like it should be for us, but one day we will figure out how we are going to live without her...hope it's soon.