Friday, February 26, 2010

Devin's Birthday!


My boy turned 17 yesterday! How scary is that! He is getting so old, that means I'm getting old, well not old....older! That sounds better. He had a great day . They were out because of snow, if you want to call it that. We maybe got an inch or more on the ground. I think they could have went late, but oh well, he got an extra little gift for his birthday.




He really enjoyed the day. We went out for pizza at one of his favorite spots. It's called the Mellow Mushroom. The have the best hummus! That's my favorite part, he likes it also. We had dinner and then he got to come home and open his presents. He got a lot that was on his birthday list, that he had sent out to some people, with out me knowing about it!!! I think he sent it out over a month ago! But when you know what you want...I guess you know!




It was a little weird yesterday without a call from my Mom. It just felt like we were missing something. Devin even mentioned that he wished that he was going to get a call from Grandma Debbi. Okay....so maybe the tears came on, but I didn't let them fall. Every day is hard without her, but the holidays are harder!




















2 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks like he had a good birthday. His smile is pretty big in the picture with the $50 bill. :)
17 - that is crazy!! Man, you are getting old!! hee hee

Lyndsey said...

Goonies Never Say Die! I am glad he liked his stuff. Wish we were there, like always..to celebrate.