Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Someone Special~

Today I'm changing it up......

I have been thinking of something or should I say someone for a long time, but I just didn't know if I should write about it.  Why you ask?  Well I guess it's not really my story to tell, but after thinking about it, I guess I'm not really telling their story I'm just telling you how I feel about this person.  This person is not only important to me but also important to my Mom and really to my whole family.

I have known her for a very long time, my whole life in fact.  I'm sure she has seen me at my worse and maybe at my best.  But she has always been there whenever I needed her, whenever we needed her.  She is one of those people that is always there for anyone that needs her.  You just don't find many people like that. 

She loved my Mom.  She misses my Mom.  We all miss my Mom, but I think she is having a really hard time with it all.  The crazy thing is she is now fighting the same crazy disease that took my Mom!  I hate that she has to go through all of this.  I know in my heart that it's going to be different this time.  Lyndsey said something the other day and it kind of made me think.  She said that maybe Mom had to go, so that she could save Barbara.  That sounds like something Mom would do.

So, now you know who I'm talking about.....but I'm sure you already knew!

Let me tell you a little more about her and the things she does.

While she is dealing with all her issues she still calls me to find out how my son is doing.  She has all her stuff to worry about, but here she is still thinking about Devin and me.  She will call me, when I should be the one calling her.  She just sent me a card telling me she was thinking about me.  This lady never stops thinking of others!  She has always done such wonderful things not only for my family but for everyone.  She always made sure that when we came home for the summer she would have a BBQ for us.  She would even send us off with a bag full of goodies!  She always makes the best goodies!  Devin loves her rice krispie treats! 

I wish that I was home.  I want to be home and help out in any way that I can, but I'm not home.  I'm here and everyone is there!  It seems like whenever this family needs me I'm not where I need to be!  I know you all can get along without me, but can I get along without you? 

I could go on and on about her...but I'm sure you all know just as well as I do what she is like and how she never stops.

I'm just so glad that my Mom and her were so close and we got to spend so much time with her and her family. 

You are Someone Special to so many~

3 comments:

christine said...

I totally agree with you. With all that Barbara is going through, the fact she is still thinking of others is unbelievable.

I got a card from her in the mail the other day thanking me for visiting her in the hospital. She said some really wonderful things in the card that I will not ever forget.

Kelly said...

Okay, you have me bawling at my desk! :)
You are right. My mom is amazing in so many ways.
She loves you and your family very much. I wish you were "home" too.
Your mom meant the world to her and that loss has made a huge hole in her life. I know that she is fighting this awful disease and thinking of your mom every step of the way.
Right before her surgery she said she had a long talk with your mom and Judy. She told them that she misses them and loves them but that she is not quite ready to come visit them.
I have so much to say but I can't type through my tears right now...

Lyndsey said...

The day I got a text message from Kelly that Barbara's surgery was on Mom's birthday, it all became kind of clear to me. I got goosebumps and cried and couldn't stop crying. It was so strange. I just knew, right then and there that that's why Mom is not here. That old "all things happen for a reason" saying makes me mad most of the time. I mean there was no good reason that we don't have her with us anymore. Then it was just clear to me. It was Barbara. Mom had to be there making sure that Barbara will stay here with all of us. Such a "Mom" thing to do, right? Makes sense, knowing the person that Mom was and how close she was to Barbara. Then I think of Judy, and just think maybe Mom was her reason? Mom was so close to both Barbara and Judy. Strange how things work and make sense sometimes.
I have received a few cards from Barbara too. Crazy lady. She wrote such nice things in all the cards. I read them a lot. The first one I got and read I just though...I wish I had something like this from Mom. But that's not who she was. I have lots of little notes from Mom hanging on my walls though. That was her way of saying thank you, and telling you she cared. That's just the way she worked. And now she's still working. Her and Judy. They are busy making sure that the people they care about are ok. That they will get to stay here.

I know it's hard to be there and we are all here. I don't know it from experience, I just know that I would not ever want to have to do that. So I can imagine that is the hardest thing in the world right now. Just to not be able to be around people who "get" how you are feeling. I wish you guys were here everyday of my life. It would make all the difference in the world to me and our family. We are ready for that day to come. ALL of us. If only it was that easy. I wave of a wand to magically make you guys back. Maybe Mom is going to help with that too....