Friday, November 5, 2010

The Mummy and the Cowgirl!

Cowgirl Emmie

Mummy Ty

Devin, Ty and Emmie

I just love her face in this picture...that is why I had to add it!


I love the back picture of the kids...always have to take one!
 Here we are again! Another Halloween come and gone!  This one was a little bit different then last year.  To begin with......this day last year reminds me of the start of us all really knowing that Mom was sick and not just sick but SICK!  From here on out it's all a big reminder of what we all went through.  Just thinking about what was going on in my Mom's mind at this time last year just hurts my heart so much.  I know she was scared and just really not understanding what was going on.  We were scared, so I'm sure she was scared. 

My Mom bought Emmie this little cowgirl outfit a couple summers ago.  I didn't have her wear it last year because Ty was Batman, which my Mom bought that costume for him, and I wanted Emmie to be Batgirl!  I thought that would be cute.  I think she might have been a little disappointed that Emmie didn't wear the cowgirl costume that year.  I could tell it in her voice when she asked what she was going to be.  But I'm so glad that she had that for this year!  It was just so nice to see her in it and know that Mom got it for her...kind of like a last gift for her.  It was just such a bitter sweet Halloween this year.  Someday she will realize what a gift this was and how important it was to me that she wore it this year.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Ty cracks me up in these pictures...I love his costume. How cool that Emmie got to be a cowgirl like Grandma wanted her to be....that is so special. I wish your kids were here every halloween...it's like a piece of all of us is missing...