Thursday, November 25, 2010

Devin update~

I know I missed last week and I'm a day late at posting! It was just a busy day yesterday!  We took Devin to the doctor for his 4 year heart check up and all looked well on that check up.  It sure is hard to sit in that room as they are talking in doctor language and you just don't know what to think.  I mean does he have what Jason had or not.  So, when they said the all clear, my eyes did tear up!  Thats the 11:00 appt.  Now on to the 8:30......that one went as we thought it would.  He will need to have surgery.  I knew it was coming, but to hear the words, well it made me tear up again.  I didn't get to go in the room when they did the ultrasound, Tim went with.  We had the other kids, so I ended up staying with them!  I know bummer, but Tim was asking all the questions, so I just thought he should go in.  Turns out he has another stone and I guess it's pretty big and more stuff that is not being eliminated.  So, yes surgery is needed.  If he doesn't get the surgery, some day he could loss that kidney!  Not good!  Surgery is all set for the 20th of December.  He will have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours.  I'm okay with that, makes me feel better after a surgery.  They know what they are doing. 

He seems to be taking it okay so far.  But I'm sure as the day approaches he will have more worries, as will I!

1 comment:

christine said...

What good news to hear Devin is in the clear with the heart stuff! I am sure that is a huge relief for you.