Friday, January 14, 2011

She could always find a bargain!

Okay....so last night I FINALLY got a winter coat!!  Okay I'm lying...I got two winter coats!!  I know!!  How fun for me...but they were having a super good sale and one is nice one and one is a going to the store and running around and it can take me into the spring on those super late baseball game nights.    Only after living in here in Kentucky for 6 years!!  We really didn't need one when we were in Arkansas.  It was only cold for the month of December and then it started to get nice again.  So, I'm sure you are asking yourself what has this got to do with my tittle for the day......well I will tell you...you just have to be patient with me and my going from one thing to another!  I'm so bad at that! 

I got up this morning and got my new coat all ready and was putting it on and I was thinking about my Mom and how she always had so many coats!!  I know that she most likely never paid much for them.  She most likely bought them at a garage sale of something like that.  But you would have never guessed that.  Her stuff never looked like it came from garage sales.  Not that garage sales are bad...I never put anything that has stains or gross stuff in my garage sales that I have.  Anyways........she always and I mean always found the good stuff!!  Whenever I would go with her she would always manage to find something good!  She would find the best things out of the worst places.  She just new that they had something.  If she didn't find it they way she wanted....she thought to her self how could she make it better...and she did it.  You can go out on the porch and see the many things that she made out of nothing. 

So....thinking about what I spent on my coats, even though I got them for a pretty big discount...I know she is thinking that she could have done a lot with the money that I spent on my two winter jackets. 

I thought about putting some pictures of me in my new winter jackets for you all to see.......but then thought better of it!!  No one wants to see that!!! LOL!!  Yeah right, you all know me better then that right??? 

A bargain hunter she was~

2 comments:

christine said...

I want to see these pictures of you in your winter coats!

Kelly said...

I remember from one of your earlier posts that you were going to start getting your picture taken more often - for your kids. Well, now is the time! Post a picture!! :)