Monday, December 27, 2010

Somethings Missing........

Do you ever get the feeling that something is missing?  I have had that feeling this holiday season.  It's my second Christmas without my Mom.  But to me it really feels like my first one.  Last year I was still kind of in a fog.  To tell you the truth I can't really remember a lot about last years holiday season!!  I know...not good.  But I was trying to remember what I had made for Christmas Eve dinner last year and I just couldn't remember.  There are lots of things about that holiday that have left my mind!!!  To me this whole month brings back lots of memories of what I was doing and where I was.  I know that I got home on the Monday before Christmas and had lots to do to get ready.  But if you ask me today what I did...I don't think I could tell you!

Okay ....now back to Somethings Missing........

I was talking to everyone on Christmas day.  I talked to Leah, Lanette, Lyndsey and then my Dad.  But now wait just a minute.....I'm now supposed to talk to my Mom.  But I didn't get to talk to her this year.  Something was missing.........  I did shed a few tears after that conversation.  It just felt a little strange that she wasn't there, that I didn't get to talk to her.  I know for all of them at the house, they must have felt the same thing all day long.........they had something missing also. 

Now looking at photos from Christmas Eve on the Internet from my Aunt and I see photos of my family and where my Mom should be, she isn't!!!  Something is missing........  She should be in the photo!  She should be smiling, looking at her grandsons.  I look and I see my Dads face and see that he isn't his self.  He is missing something....he is missing her. 

Our something is missing.

No comments: