Friday, December 3, 2010

Bullies......oh how I dislike them!

What is this world coming to?  Why are kids so mean?  I ask myself that question as I sit here thinking of my son.  My son who wouldn't hurt anyone, who would help anyone who needed help.  He might be a little shy about it, but he would help out if you asked him.  He is so kind and sweet.  Maybe that's just his Mom talking.  I think to myself what are these parents like?  I talk to my kids all the time about sticking up for the kids that are being picked on.  Don't let others do that and don't you do it! 

Here is what happened last night........

He comes down stairs and tells me that some kids in his class are throwing food at him.  I guess they have been doing it for a few days and he is just now telling me.  They do it when the teacher is not in the room where they are.  It just makes me so sad that kids are so mean.  I mean why Devin?  What does he do to deserve that kind of treatment? I know what he does....nothing!  No one deserves that!  He is a good kid, he does what the teacher tells him to do and that it, nothing more. 

Now the question is what do I do?  Do I just let the teacher take care of it?  Or should we do something?  So many kids now days are getting bullied at school and so many kids are getting away with it!  UGH!!!!  Why can't the school do more?  I think they should do more then they are doing. 

All I know is that my son does not deserve this kind of treatment from anyone. 

Sorry about being so mad in this post.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I want to get on a plane and come beat those kids up! I know, mature response.
What the heck?? I would definitely contact the school. He does NOT need to deal with that crap. And, if his school doesn't do anything about it, go to the district office. It has to stop.
I am so sorry Lori. Absolutely ridiculous.

Lori Tommerup said...

I felt like going in his class and looking at them in the eye and seeing if they could look me in the eye! But you know what I'm sure that they could! They don't care!! They don't care about the feelings of others. No big deal about who they hurt! It's just his favorite class and now you had to go ahead and ruin that! Thanks so much for that you BIG BULLY!! I just feel so bad for him! he wanted to handle it himself witht he teacher....but if it doesn't get handled then you can be sure we will do something about it! This can't go on!

Lyndsey said...

I am mad too! I have been thinking about it all day! What if Mom were here? I know how she would feel....she might have just got on a plane and went straight there to tell them what she thought! She would have been so mad and sad for him. He doesn't deserve this...he is the nicest boy in the world. He deserves nothing but the best. There are so many rude kids out there and the parents are even worse. They should NEVER allow their kid to treat anyone like that EVER.

christine said...

Gosh when I read this it just makes me so mad! It sucks that a great kid like Devin should have to deal with this kind of stuff. I don't understand kids and how they can feel good about being that way to someone. I am so glad he feels comfortable enough to talk to you about it though. Keeping that to himself would be miserable. I hope it gets resolved. So sorry!