Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The things she says~

Here we are again today........

Today I'm having a hard time getting started. I had something that I wanted to write about this morning and I still will, but I first of all wanted to write a little thing about family. It's come to my attention that I was taken off a certain members Facebook friend list because of some things that have been going on at home. I'm a little taken back that I was taken off, being that I just got put back on! I'm also taken back because that is the only way this one family member would ever know anything about me or my family or see any pictures of my kids being that we live over 2,ooo miles away. I guess that doesn't matter to this said family member. What can I say? I of course am a little upset that my family has no meaning to them. Do I just let it go and do nothing....or do I say something? I'm usually not the person to do anything about things and just let them solve them self, but life is too short to let things go by. I would think that after everything that has happened to our family that this person would understand that family is family. I have had a hard time this morning thinking of a way to solve this problem and trying to figure out a way around it.


The things she says~

It amazes me what my Little girl knows and understands. The other day we went and got her a couple of new earrings, she has got to the eight week mark and is now able to change her earrings. She was very happy about that. So, we of course were in Claire's for a little while, can you see it, Ty and Devin in Claire's with a bunch of girls??? It was funny, they really just wanted to wait outside! Anyways.....Emmie had to see everything! Had to pick the very cutest pair! Finally Tim told her to hurry up and pick the ones she wanted, we could have been there for another hour if she had her way! She got 3 pairs, a green turtle pair, a cupcake pair and some pink little cross's. Later that night she came home and told Tim that she got the cross's for Grandma Debbi. When Tim told me that it brought tears to my eyes.

Yesterday Emmie was in her room for a long time. I thought she was with Ty watching TV, but come to find out she was in her room drawing a picture. She showed me the picture and she says it's a picture of you, me and Grandma Debbi and she wrote on the top of it, " I love my Mom and Grandma." Okay, again with the tears. Will they ever stop?

I know now that she is thinking about her, more then I know. She is the one that talks about her, more then the boys. She is the one that sees me and notices it when I'm upset and will make a point to come over and give me a hug. She tells me all the time how much she misses Grandma Debbi. I think girls just can get their feeling's out a little bit better then the boys can.

I can't wait to see what she says next~

2 comments:

christine said...

Oh my gosh...Emmie is the sweetest girl! What a great little daughter you have in her. If she is so sweet at the young age she is, what is she going to be like when she gets older. That is really great that she is sensitive to your feelings and so supportive!

I miss seeing her!

Lyndsey said...

I was going to tell you how lucky you are that Emmie is so sweet, and compassionate, and so in tune to how you are feeling. But you are not lucky. She's the way she is because you raised her to be that way. She sees how you are with everyone else, and so she wants to be like you. And again, you were raised by Mom who we all know just loved to make people happy. She loved making people feel like she cared, because she genuinely did care. Wouldn't that be nice if everyone would raise their kids this way? I think that because Emmie is raised this way means that you are doing a great job in showing her exactly how her Grandma was. That was always very important to Mom, and it would mean so much to her just seeing what a sweet, good girl you have.