Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Changes~

Today the kids went back to school. Last year at this time I was most likely talking to my Mom telling her about the kids and how the morning went, but this year it's different and from here on out it will be different. I won't get to tell her what outfit they had on and how their first day went. How excited they were or maybe how they weren't excited. It's just changed.....


I was filling out the kids forms for school. We have to fill them out every year and I always put my Mom down as the emergency contact. We don't know anyone here that we can really put down, so I always put her down. She was most likely home and I knew that they would either get a hold of Tim or I so I really didn't need to worry about it, so I always just put her down. But this year I couldn't put her down! That was another change! Oh, how I'm not liking changes!!!


I know how we go through many changes in our life, but it seems like in this last (one day short) eight months I have gone through so many changes. Some I never expected to go through at this time and some that I really have grown to dislike.




My kids on their first day of school! How I wish my Mom could see them. Look how much they have grown in just a year. All the changes that they have went through! I'm so mad that she had to die. I just can't even imagine these kids growing up without her. How will I explain to them what a wonderful Grandma she was? Will they remember her? I know that Devin will, but what about Emmie? She is so young! I can only tell them and show them so much. I just hope that one day they will know how important she was not only to me, but to them.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

That is definitely something I struggle with everyday. How will my kids ever know what she was like? Dad and I were just talking about it today too...how our lives are so different. How EVERYTHING has changed...all in 8 months. Nothing is the same...and it's hard to figure out what to do with yourself when nothing feels the same. It's hard to find a way to make the kids remember Mom. But I think talking about her as much as you can is a start. I know it makes everyone sad, but it's good to talk about her. All they have to do is look around their rooms..they will find things from Grandma. She loved that...and she loved doing that for them because she loved them more than words can say...more than anything...she loved her grandkids so very much.
The kids look so good too. Mom would have loved Emmie's hair and her cute skirt and the way she's smiling even though she didn't feel so great on this day. She would have loved Ty in his glasses and seeing how grown up he looked. She would have thought he was so very handsome! She would have loved Devin's smile and his hat. What a trooper he was going home and being ready for school in 2 days...she would have been so very proud of them. Just make sure they know how much Mom thought about them everyday....not just on these special days...they were always in her thoughts and she was always trying to think of nice things to do for them to let them know just how much she cared for them.