Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day~

First of all I would like to tell you that I'm sorry for not posting last Wednesday. I was busy getting ready for company and didn't even have time to sit down and eat that day. I will try not to do that again!

Mothers Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I know you are all very special Moms and you all deserve nothing but the best!

My Mother's Day was a little different this year.........

What I wouldn't do for a past Mothers Day. All I really wanted this year was to be or talk with my Mom, but that wasn't going to happen. It started off a few weeks ago that I didn't have to think about what to send her, or to ask my sisters what they were going to be doing for my Mom or how I was going to make her card. But I did think about it...It was the only thing on my mind. I wanted to stress over what to get her, even though most of the time I would end up just sending her a gift card or money so she could go shopping. She loved to go shopping. She so looked forward to this time of the year. Her and my Grandma would go to garage sales and end up finding the best things. So, that's what I would end up sending her. I always wanted to get her a really special gift...but in the end I know that she would much rather go out and have a day with my Grandma, that was her fun!

Then the DAY came!!! I really tried to act like I was okay, I did it for the kids. Emmie had a make up game and that kind of kept my mind busy for a little bit, but in the end, it just didn't matter where I was. I just wanted to talk to her. I usually wouldn't talk to her very long on Mothers Day because they were busy doing things, but it was the Monday after that we would talk and I would find out how her day went. I so loved those days. It made me feel like I was there, which is really where I wanted to be.

The saddest part of the day was that I couldn't give her flowers. I would have loved to at least do that for her, she deserves that! I would have picked something pink and pretty. She needed to have flowers everywhere on that day, but I wasn't there to give her any. It just breaks my heart that I can't go up and visit with her and give her all the flowers that she deserves!

Mothers Day will never be the same again!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I agree Lori, it was a weird Mother's Day for all of us. I felt pretty lost all day. Monday was the worst, I couldn't stop thinking about her Monday. I think I was so busy Sunday, that Monday I actually had time to think. I hope you know that she has flowers all the time. And I know if you were here, you'd be right there with us and giving her flowers too! Hopefully sometime soon you can go up there and bring her something cute and pink...

Lori Tommerup said...

Lyndsey,
I know that she has flowers from all of you. You all do such a great job at that and I know how much she loves it! I just wanted to be there this year! It's hard being so far away and not being able to just run up there whenever I need to.