Friday, January 15, 2010

My Gold~



This morning I went through my last box of pictures. You see I have been searching for pictures of my Mom. I would pull out pictures even if she was in the background! I have to have them ALL!!! They are so very important to me. Today was a sad day because I realized I don't have any more! It's been helping me by keeping busy and now no more searching for me. I won't be able to get all excited when I see her face in a picture that I found. It was like I was finding gold when I found a picture of her. I treasure each and every single one. I just wish that she would have let us take more pictures of her. She just didn't like to have her picture taken.




But the thing is I also don't like my picture taken. When I looked in the box I noticed that I had plenty of Tim and the kids, but not so many of me with the kids. What will they think one day when I'm gone? I want them to have as many memories as they can. I know sometimes I'm not looking my best, but will the kids really care? No, they will just want a picture to remember the time we went to this or that place. Or when we were just hanging out at home. I promise from this day forward to let pictures get taken of me! I'll also have to tell Tim to take the picture, he's not so good at thinking about taking the picture.




I went home in February of last year to celebrate my Dads 6oth birthday and for some reason, Steve, Becky's husband wanted to snap a couple of pictures of my Mom and me. I was thinking at the time, boy do I not want these taken. Not because I didn't want pictures with my Mom....I just don't like pictures of me. But I did it anyways and I'm so glad that I have them. One didn't turn out so I won't put that on here. It's good of my Mom, but of course I'm making a silly face. That's why I don't like pictures taken of me, I'm always doing something silly. Crazy eyes or my mouth is funny. Anyways, these pictures are now more special to me then ever. Thanks Steve for taking these pictures!
It's My Gold~






1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I wish I could strike gold Lori! I will keep looking there's got to be more of her, at least more of her with the boys...that's what I want to find!