Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Daughters Promise

Every time that I smile,

Every time that I sigh,

I think of your face

and a tear escapes my eye.



You were my world,

My insperation and my heart,

But when you left,

I thought I would fall apart.



You were my best friend,

My one true confidante,

And that's not all you were,

You were also my Mom.



I didn't want to live without you,

But you would have wanted me to.
And if there is anyone I want to make happy,
That anyone is you.



I would have given anything to have you back,
But I know that it was meant to be,

For you are still watching from up there,

and I know that you are watching me.



I'll make you proud Mom,

I'm going to fulfill your wish,

You're going to see me and smile,

That's a Daughter's promise.





I love this poem and it just makes me think of you Mom! I hope that one day I will be happy again!


1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

She would want you to be happy again too....this poem is so nice and is such a good way to think of how to get through life, one day at a time.