Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How did I get here?

Do you ever just get to where you are going and then ask yourself how did I get here? That seems to happen to me all the time now days. I'll be driving in the car and I'll start to think, I don't know why that seems to be my thinking place. Maybe because I'm alone or some thing just comes to my mind. It happened this morning as I was going to get my grocery shopping done. I got to the store and I wondered how on earth did I get here? Lets just hope that I didn't run any red lights!

I was busy thinking this morning about, well you guessed it my Mom. For the last few days I have been really thinking about her, more then I normally do, which is a lot. I have so many questions that I want to ask her and she just isn't here to answer them.

Here are a few of the questions.

1. Emmie wants to get her hair cut, she wants to get it cut short! YIKES!! I know! What would she say to that. I of course don't want it short, not yet!

2. It's Dad's birthday, what should we get him? He is so hard to buy for and I really want to get him something he can use this year.


Other times I just want to tell her about what is going on here with the kids. She was always so interested in what they were doing. Emmie is getting ready to play T-ball. She would have wanted to hear all about that. She would have wanted pictures. I just really needed to talk to her this week, why this week more then any other week? I just need to hear her voice, I have it on the answering machine, but I just can't bring myself to play it. Not today.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I think I do this every day too Lori. WOW...funny when I was reading this I was thinking how exactly right this is! Yeah, how did I get through that last light, because my mind was somewhere else. And that somewhere was Mom. I am always crying in the car alone...and I'm pretty sure I look like a crazy person, but oh well. It's one of the only times I am alone, so I can't help it. At least I know I'm not alone in all this though...I want to ask Mom what the heck to get Dad too. I'm thinking Lowe's giftcard, but she would have had something better. She always had something cute and a personal touch with everything...