Saturday, December 6, 2008

Letters to Santa on a snowy Saturday!

This is what we woke up to this morning! It was perfect for what we had planned! This is Santa's mailbox. They had it downtown. I read about it in the paper and thought it was a super cute idea. I guess Santa will write you a letter back, so I had the kids write Santa a letter this morning and they all got to put their letter in the box.


Here is Emmie putting her letter in the box, I do have to tell you that it was very cold out this afternoon! It was only about 25 degrees while we were putting the letters in. It had just stopped snowing while we were driving.


Devin was a little embarrassed about the whole thing, but he did it!



This morning Ty had a little trouble writing his letter to Santa, but ended up getting it done. I did keep copies of the letters and plan to scrapbook the letter, this picture and the letter that they get from Santa. I'm always thinking of scraping! I just need to do it! I'm only behind by a couple of years or so!




Now here is me with the kids. Don't look to close,I'm really needing a haircut!





Tim's Turn. I'm not really sure what the heck Ty is doing! I think by this time everyone was ready to get someplace warm.











One last picture of the kids in front of the big Christmas Tree downtown. It was nice to do something different and have a afternoon with nothing planned and just hang out! I think we might be putting up the Christmas tree later tonight or tomorrow night!











3 comments:

Lanette said...

Wow! I wish we had a Santa Claus mailbox in Vancouver. You Kentucky people are so lucky! Cute pictures and I'm especially loving the ones where you (Lori) are in them. :)

Lyndsey said...

It's the perfect weather for what you guys are doing! That is so cool. I can't wait to see the scrapbook page!

Anonymous said...

Wow - What great pictures. I know what you mean about never being in a picture. I did an entire album of our trip to California and I think I was in four of about 75 and it was when someone else took a picture of the entire family! You are beautiful, so no more hiding in the back!!! When you come back, I'll have scrapbooking get-together dates set up. :)
We were hit with snow here yesterday and we are expected to stay below freezing this entire week with more snow on Wednesday...Too cool!
You keep warm and keep posting...
Min