Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fill your Life with Love~

Okay today I'm going to post two posts!! Since I kind of slacked for a few weeks! But that was because we had some house issues going on! First of all we had some sewer problems and had running water in only one bathroom and that bathroom had no bathtub or shower!!! No, shower for 6 days!!!! Well, I did shower....I just went to Tim's work and took a shower! But it was a hassle!! No fun at all. So, that is why I didn't get a chance to post one of the weeks! It was just too crazy and we were working on getting this thing fixed, well Tim was. I was his "helper" or "gopher". Not a fun job! So, sorry about not posting if you were at all wondering why I didn't! If you didn't miss it then I guess that's okay also! I missed not posting!

Fill your Life with Love~

This is a lazy Susan that my Mom had bought for me while we were at a Bazaar when I was in town after she got out of the hospital the first time. I love it and will hardly let my kids touch it!

The day we went to the Bazaar is kind of funny. It was a kind of the spur of the moment kind of thing. My sisters and I were talking about going and never really thought that she would want to go because it was so hard for her to walk any distance with out getting really tired. But come to find out she is going!! We are all glad that she wants to go. But she needs a wheelchair. So, after some phone calling, they finally find her one! By this time she is ready to go and I mean ready!! She is usually a very patient person and doesn't mind waiting around....but today she didn't want to wait. I went over to Lyndsey's for something, don't ask me what, because my mind is a blank on that one. But as I'm coming back...... because I was going to ride with my Mom and Barbara, I see them leaving !!! What the heck!!! I call Barbara's cell phone and say "You left Me"! I guess by that time, my Mom had just decided that I would just ride with Lyndsey! I guess she was ready to go....didn't want to wait for me!! LOL

On to the Bazaar! She had so much fun while we were there. We all took turns pushing her in the wheelchair. You would think that she would have been a little embarrassed, but no not Mom. She took it all in stride. It didn't bother her one bit. She just wanted to shop! And shop she did!! If you didn't go fast enough for her she would tell you to go faster! It was fun to watch her having fun! She wanted to go to all her favorite spots, the ones she knew about from last year. She had to buy me a little bell thing for my cell phone. Then she saw the lazy Susan and had to have it. It was one of the last things that I have from her. I will always treasure it!

By the time we left we had plenty of bags to carry out......the thing was they weren't our bags they were hers! She had the best time and so did we.

Thanks for a great Memory Mom~

2 comments:

christine said...

I am glad you made it through all your sewer issues! I can only imagine how frustrating that was for a family of 5!

I am glad you got a chance to go to a Bazaar with your Mom and get that memory, I know how she loved to shop! She always found such cool stuff!

Lyndsey said...

I love this memory too Lori. I am so glad you put this one up. I think we all walked away with something really special that day from her. I just feel priveleged that I got to be there with her.