Friday, April 12, 2013

Surgery update~

I thought I would update you and tell you how the surgery went.

It's day three and I'm feeling a little sore. Not real bad, but I can just feel it a little when I move around a lot. But I do have to say that I thought I would feel worse the I do. I have not taken any pain meds since yesterday morning. I might take some today...just to make sure.

I went in on Wednesday morning and I could not believe the room the put me in. Super nice and I had it all to myself. Not a little room divided by a curtain. Had a tv to watch and a bathroom. Wonder how much that's going to cost? Yikes! Anyways went through all the normal check in stuff. Got an IV put in....that kind of hurt. I had to go and get a wire put in my breast to mark where they were going to work at so I got to have a Xanax to relax me. Didn't really feel much different. Went to get the wire put in. It didn't really hurt. It's just so funny that my breast is always hanging out for all to see. But the wire was kind of big! Thin....but tall. They had to tape it down or else it would have poked me in the eye. They took another mammogram picture and I got to see what it looked like inside of me. It kind of looked like a little fish hook. They got it right where they needed it to be.

I was only back in my room for about twenty minutes when they said they were ready for me! Double yikes! Wasn't ready for this...but I guess it was now or never. So off I go. It's kind of strange to be wheeled down to the OR in the bed and see them all waiting for you. Me...waiting for me. The room was big! Bigger then I thought it was going to be. Lights everywhere. They start talking to me and put the oxygen mask on and before I know it I'm waking up in another room. It's just so crazy how that happens!

So, everything went good. I will find out the results maybe today or more likely on Monday. Worried? Sure am! But I think all will turn out good. My breast isn't looking real pretty right now. But that's okay.

Sorry if I'm giving a little to much information.  That's what I got right now.

Tim and the kids have been taking care of me and trying to do things for me. Today I'm on my own. Which is kinda nice to have a day to myself. Back to normal on Monday.



No comments: