Monday, July 23, 2012

Nebraska~

Nebraska!  That's where we are.  We only got one year in Washington.  One year back in our home state.  One year back with our families...well when we could see them.  It felt like that year went by way too fast for me.  If I would have known that's all I was going to get I think that I might have done things a little bit differently.

 But to tell you the truth...last year was hard.  We couldn't afford to go down to Vancouver every weekend....we couldn't afford to go down every month!  We were not only paying the rent on the house we were living in we were also paying for our house in Kentucky.  Paying for two houses is not easy.  So, at times it kind of felt like I might as well have been in Kentucky!

The move here wasn't easy.  I hated to take my kids not only away from family again, but also away from the friends they had made and also from another school.  As a parent that is a hard thing to do.  To look in their face and have to tell them that they will have to do it all over again and to see the sadness in their eyes.  To know that they will not get to see their cousins again for a long time...when I have loved watching them play together and knowing what I had with my cousins and still do.  Not to be able to to all the wonderful family celebrations that we have been able to do this year.  I will miss that and I know that they will also. 


No comments: